Sunday 15 September 2013

Story Book Friends by Stampin' Up

“I’ve always loved those cross stitch and quilting samplers that people lovingly assemble to give to friends and family to celebrate the arrival of a new baby,” says Steph (Editor of NZ Paper Chase)
“Since I would struggle to get a project like that done before the baby grew up and left home, I was delighted when I saw this gorgeous stamp set in the latest Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue! A close friend had just welcomed a wee granddaughter into the world and sent me lovely photo of her so I was inspired to make my own papercraft version of a sampler to support a photo of baby Addie.






“The set is called Story Book Friends and reminded me of those beautiful Beatrice Potter illustrations. With the help of Stampin’ Up! markers and inks, I made impressions onto a piece of watercolour paper that I had pre-scored into an 8 x 8 inch grid, of each little creature and coloured them up gradually, applying ink with cotton buds and daubers.”



“I printed off the photo and placed it centrally, then made various ‘squares’ to place in areas where I didn’t have a stamped impression, using a new Quatrefancy specialty papers and Soft Subtles Stampin’ Up! Cardstock. I just love the  Delicate Details paper lace and Buttons & Blossoms clay shapes that frame the final design alongside Prima flowers, double matted also onto Quatrefancy specialty papers. My finished project is supported by a Melissa Frances coat hanger decorated with tulle ribbon.”



So this is Editor Steph Milne’s take on the current challenge, inspired by items promoted in the latest Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalogue! Remember, everyone who enters this challenge will receive a complimentary copy of this catalogue and the challenge winner will get a selection of Stampin’ Up! Goodies as a prize.

0 comments:

Template by:

Free Blog Templates